The teaching of PSHE/RSE and Citizenship at Becton is central to the development of all our pupils. It enables the students to become healthy, independent and responsible members of our school community and the wider society.
The main aims of our curriculum are to enable the students:
- To improve resilience so that they can cope with the difficult and diverse changes that come their way
- To stay as healthy as possible
- To learn to keep themselves and others safe, including recognising signs of bullying and knowing where to turn to for help
- To learn how to use the internet, including social media, safely and responsibly
- To develop effective, satisfying and safe relationships
- To learn to recognise similarities and differences between themselves and others and to respect these differences in order to be independent and responsible members of the school and wider community
- To be positive and active members of a democratic society
- To develop self-confidence and self-esteem, and to make informed choices regarding personal and social issues
- To develop good relationships with other members of the school and wider community
Please click on the links below for more details and sample lesson resources.