The Kenwood Centre provides full time education for KS3/4 pupils with Autism Spectrum Disorder primary support needs. In addition to this, it is likely that many of our pupils will be experiencing a degree of emotional and mental health difficulties. This may include anxiety, depression and school phobia.
- To provide a safe, welcoming, accepting and nurturing environment where learning takes place and where education is interpreted in the context of multi-disciplinary working.
- To provide an appropriate, broad and balanced high quality curriculum, mirroring where possible, mainstream education and linked as far as practically possible to the young person’s previous learning experiences.
- To contribute to the physical and psychological recovery of the children and young people by working closely with parents/carers and the wider multi-disciplinary team.
- To support the young people in their re-integration with education by facilitating their transition back into mainstream provision or other further education/employment where appropriate.
- All placements will be routed through the Local Authority SEND team.
- All pupils must have had involvement with the CAMHS team (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service) or Ryegate
- All pupils must have a statement of special educational needs or and Education Health Care Plan
- All pupils must have a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder