HLTA - Children's Hospital
Post title: HLTA
Location: Becton School (Sheffield Children’s Hospital)
Status: Fixed Term 1 year, (with a possibility of extension or permanent)
Hours: 22.2 hrs p/w, Term Time plus 5 INSET days
Salary: SCP 19 - 23 £13637 - £14847
Start date: 1st September 2022
Closing date: Noon 4th July 2022
Short Listing: 4th July 2022
Interview date: Week Commencing 11th July 2022
Are you looking for a creative and diverse role within a dynamic team?
Are you excited by all of the opportunities, challenges and rewards of working with children and young people with complex Special Educational Needs?
Then Becton School may be exactly what you are looking for…
Becton School and Nexus Multi-Academy Trust. Every day we make a huge difference to the lives of the children and young people in our community.
We are looking to appoint an HLTA who will have a real passion to support and enable the learning and development of the children and young people at Becton School. This position will appeal to experienced teaching assistants, HLTA’s and, in particular, individuals who have other skills to offer like a background in enrichment and wider extra-curricular activities, as we feel these attributes will complement the role well. We are looking for practitioners who have an innovative, energetic and resilient approach to their work and who aren’t afraid to think of new and interesting approaches to the provision and support we offer.
The successful candidate will work alongside teachers and other team members at Sheffield Children’s Hospital.
Whether you are an experienced HLTA or teaching assistant who has worked within specialist educational needs or someone who has exceptional vocational skills and a real drive to make a difference in children’s lives, you must be able to provide our children with aspirations and skills for their futures and you must be able to promote an exceptionally positive culture in everything you do.
We are looking to appoint highly professional and efficient HLTA.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- Have GCSE Grade C or above in Mathematics or English or equivalent qualification
- Have experience of supporting children with special educational needs and challenging behaviour including Autism in a mainstream, resource base or special school setting
- Have the skills to place pupil learning at the centre of all your practice.
- Have the ability to make sound judgements on attainment & progress of students, assess and celebrate in their success.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate others
- Have experience of delivering a diverse package of learning & pastoral support to pupils.
- Have the ability to set appropriate and challenging targets for yourself and others
- Have the ability to make and take decisions both individually and as part of a team.
- Have the ability to contribute to and share quality practice with other HLTA’s, TA’s, teachers and the team.
- Have the commitment to partnership between staff, parents and students
- Are committed to supporting the aims of the academy
Becton School is a unique, complex, caring and wonderful place. We are proud of our great reputation with children and families, other professionals, other agencies and Sheffield Local Authority. Our shared vision for Nexus Multi-Academy Trust is that we are constantly "Learning together, to be the best we can be". This vision is what we aspire for and is as relatable to every employee and partner of our Trust as it is to our children, young adults and their families. We are fully committed to partnerships and all of the educational benefits of collaborative working. You can find out more at: www.nexusmat.org
What you can expect
- An exciting opportunity to join a brand-new school with strong partnerships to the academy schools’ network and other local schools and organisations
- A high priority to your own learning, including access to tailored CPD and coaching
- Leading employment benefits including access to pension scheme and employee assistance programmes
- Opportunities to grow your career and for professional development as we encourage collaboration between our academies
- An opportunity to join a team of dedicated and hard-working professionals who put our pupils at the centre of everything they do and are constantly striving to improve their knowledge, skills and practice
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an application form which can be downloaded from the Becton School website
Completed application forms are to be returned via email to Sarah Bevan on Becton@nexusmat.org
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
If you would like an informal and confidential conversation about the role please contact Mel Kilner on 0114 551 3650.
Nexus Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level and a barred list check. Further information about the Disclosure and Barring Service and can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.