- About Us
- Clifford House, Moncrieffe House, Broadfield
- Education and Health and Care Plans
Education and Health and Care Plans
Statements of Special Educational Need (SEN) have been replaced by Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans.
The EHC Plan gives the same statutory protection, but now cover from birth to age 25 and extends the rights to young people in further education and training, including apprenticeships, who currently have a Learning Disability Assessment (LDA).
What the changes mean to you and your family
The principles of the reform are:
- High expectations and aspirations for what young people can achieve
- Aspirations of young people and their parents and carers that are placed at the centre of everything we do
- Early identification of needs, and integrated early help
- Integrated assessment and planning from 0–25, focused on long-term outcomes, bringing together education, health and care support
- High-quality provision organised with clear pathways and providing choice and control to families
- Excellent outcomes achieved through the knowledge, skills and attitude of everyone working with children and young people
An EHC assessment looks at life beyond education and brings the different services together.
If your child needs an EHC Plan, this will be produced jointly with you and your family, and those working with your child such as school and health professionals.
It will outline what is important to you and what you think will help support you/your child.
Please see the Guidelines document below for more information. All supporting documentation can also be downloaded below.