Transition to Chapel - Acorn Group
About the Acorn Group
The Acorn Group is part of Chapel House transition programme and has been developed in order to help students successfully transition into our educational programme.
It is facilitated by Chapel House staff; all have considerable experience and training in supporting young people.
The Acorn Group has been set up specifically to help students to transition in to Chapel House and follows nurturing principles. We are aware that the students that are referred may have had difficulties with:
- Attending school
- Situations at school
- Mental health difficulties and challenges
Our prime objective is to help students to return to regular education and feel sufficiently confident and equipped to cope with the daily expectations of the school environment. In some cases, this is much too difficult a goal to be achieved in such a short course, but it will help students begin that journey. It also allows us to identify any barriers to their school attendance or help explain their worries and identify appropriate longer-term support.
- To provide a nurturing welcoming introduction to Chapel House
- To assess educational strengths, weakness, barriers to learning
- To recommend provision, intervention and support
- To assess possible referral for SEND assessment