At Becton School we are fully committed to enabling achievement for all our pupils. We firmly believe that all young people have a right to be safe, healthy and achieve their academic potential. In supporting pupils towards these goals we will enable them to contribute meaningfully to society and live fulfilling, enjoyable lives.
- To enable children and young people to continue their education whilst attending the Becton Centre and to aid recovery by involving them in purposeful activities at a level of engagement and challenge appropriate to their changing individual needs.
- To provide a safe, welcoming, accepting and nurturing environment where learning takes place and where education is interpreted in the context of multi-disciplinary working.
- To provide an appropriate broad and balanced high quality curriculum, mirroring where possible, mainstream education and linked as far as practically possible to the young person’s previous learning experiences.
- To contribute to the physical and psychological recovery of the children and young people by working closely with parents/carers and the wider multi-disciplinary team
- To support the young people in their re-integration with education by facilitating their transition back into mainstream provision or other further education/ employment where appropriate.