Admissions - Sheffield Childrens Hospital
Becton School and the Sheffield Children’s Hospital
The Sheffield Children’s Hospital and The Becton Centre follow the same principle which is to reduce the detrimental effect of illness whether physical or mental on the education of sick children and young people. Admission is outside the control of Becton School and The Sheffield Child’s Teaching Team as we are guided by the medical referring bodies.
At the point of admission pupils will:
- Be aged 5-18 years in Becton
- Be aged 5-16 years in Sheffield Children’s Hospital
- Be a resident of the United Kingdom (UK
- Be a resident in a country other than the UK where permission has been sought to educate that pupil
- Be present in Sheffield Children’s Hospital for a period of 3 school days or more or be a frequently recurrent patient
On admission, an educational programme will be agreed after liaison with the “home” school. The educational progress of pupils will be reviewed and reported to the parents/carers at least termly.